How to Apply
All prospective students must apply to the certificate program and possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better. This certificate is designed for applicants with an engineering bachelor’s degree. However, applicants with different backgrounds are welcome to apply but will need an equivalent level of math and engineering fundamental courses to be admitted.
Applicants must submit:
- A Graduate School application for a certificate-seeking admission & pay the certificate application fee of $25/USD
- A copy of an official transcript demonstrating bachelor degree conferral (admitted students can later submit an official (sealed) transcript to our Graduate School)
- Current resume
Prospective students who have NOT earned a degree from a higher education institution where English is the language of instruction must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 90 on the internet- based test (iBT) (with scores of 20 or greater in Listening, Writing, Speaking, and Reading subsections) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5.
Applicants (new to VT Graduate School) will apply through Virginia Tech Graduate School Application System:
- Create a username and password, log into the application,
- Click “start a new application”, a year to begin, and choose application type as “Graduate Certificate”,
- Fill out application details (left menu available) by completing each section including:
a. Select the name of the certificate as “Construction Engineering for Infrastructure Projects”,
b. Review and confirm before paying the fee of $25/USD.
c. Applications are sent to the department for review and decision. Once a decision is made, the Graduate School will send a letter through the VT Graduate School application system.
d. For questions about applying to this certificate should be directed to Sarah Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*NOTE: Applicants with current graduate level status at Virginia Tech are NOT required to submit the online graduate school application for admission or official undergraduate transcripts; however, these applicants will need to submit the application and their current Virginia Tech graduate transcript providing proof of a GPA of 3.0 or better. Please list the certificate as "Construction Engineering for Infrastructure Projects."